Picture
Welcome to Caribbean Film Night at Nicholas Brooklyn. Here we have the opportunity to showcase different independent films from the Caribbean. Check out the films below.

The Cutlass
Darisha Beresford (T&T)
Narrative Short (2012)

Synopsis: After enduring a terrifying robbery, Joanna falls into the dangerous grasp of a sociopath, and is taken into the depths of the secluded jungle. She finds herself isolated in a world of natural beauty as she musters the courage to emotionally battle the unsettled mind of her kidnapper. Inspired by a true story, THE CUTLASS slices a path through the vines of intellect and delusion to explore the depths of mental strength, unforeseen sympathy, internal freedom and the human spirit.

What we’ll be showing is an 8 min promotional short the filmmakers created to help spread the word about the feature, in an effort to help raise funds. Watch the trailer for the short here: http://youtu.be/M8RRMOf5jiw.

Fish
Shaun Escayg (T&T)

Synopsis: Two homeless cousins desperately try to survive the streets of Port-Of Spain Trinidad. Thieves, by street credit, they routinely hunt the local market in search of unsuspecting shoppers but times are getting harder and the pickings slim. Will fortune favor the brave? Or will their desperate actions lead to their demise.

This is one of our favorite films and we’re screening it one more time this year. Watch the trailer here: http://youtu.be/kASMgCSKaI4.

A Hand Full of Dirt
by Russel Watson (Barbados)
Narrative Feature (2011)

Synopsis: Archie Redman is a middle-aged man burdened by the weight of an unfulfilled life. He lives on a beautiful island; the kind of place people dream of visiting, but this brings him no comfort. He rises reluctantly each day to face a large, empty house, his wife having left him and his only son away at university. His sole daily destination is the shabby office at his failing hotel, where he is greeted by piles of bills and bank notices. Thousands of miles away, Archie’s son Jay faces worries of his own. He is stuck in immigration limbo, essentially penniless in a cold, unforgiving city but unable to legally work until his father pays off his substantial debt with the school. Still, he looks for a job, hoping against all hope that his father will come up with the cash in time to resolve things before he is forced to leave the country. As the year ends and the holiday season arrives, Archie and Jay will find the walls closing in on them. Both will face increasing challenges. Pressures will rise to boiling point. The key to their salvation seems to lie with one man, family patriarch Ben Redman, and his plot of hard-won plantation land. A HAND FULL OF DIRT tells the story of what happens when each of these men is faced with the choice of securing his own future or repeating the betrayals of the family’s past.

Watch the trailer here: http://youtu.be/6dqPOgIQXVw.

Come out and join us!!

Comments

01/23/2015 10:35pm

Thank you very much for posting and sharing this great article. It is so interesting for me and beneficial to all people who read

04/10/2016 11:06pm

Animals have much the same ability to understand the surroundings and draw primary inferences without which they just cannot survive a day in the wild.

06/27/2016 2:56am

well done, amazing post. I am glad. I can watch this for free with showbox movie streaming app

09/05/2016 6:53am

Would you show a Caribbean Island movies?

It is quite nice movie. I'll definitely watch this movie. The Caribbean movies are always have pleasure to watch. Keep posting like that post.

05/13/2015 7:56am

Both will face increasing challenges.

As for me, i don't appreciate that .They have to change their opinion about whom to f*ck, cuz that's rea'lly delirious. Even an essay writer proved my words.

10/13/2015 2:00pm

Film night is more popular than I think before.

11/05/2015 1:20pm

Pretty good post! I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

12/11/2015 7:20am

This is a perfect night indeed! I am sure that we will watch them all and have a great time! Thanks a lot for sharing! In my opinion your blog is a good thing to use some posts as an example to write an online resume

12/24/2015 8:32am

I guess these films are great.

I'm interested to watch this films)

02/08/2016 1:43am

There are a whole lot of things that can deliver a website down, from overcrowding of server assets because of shared internet
hosting to plugin conflict when upgrading plugins to hacker or brute power assaults
(learn the article Frequent Issues of Doing Enterprise on the Web ).
You don't want a situation the place you anticipate 12 hours
before help can reply to your request for assistance — meaning your
enterprise is shut down for that 12 hours!

02/13/2016 9:51am

Here the homepage which easily provides moviestarplanet hacker online. From here you can get all the resources of moviestarplanet game without spending any penny.

03/07/2016 1:32am

I bet these films are great.

06/27/2016 1:36am

Plastic surgery is one of the best technique where the interested person apply to look handsome or beautiful but at the same when there is the side effects it is

proven to be disatsters for them as their face goes ugly and they look horrible.So they should try the best technique for plastic surgery.Here is the place where you

will groom your knowledge about plastic surgery before and after and its appearance.

07/26/2016 3:55am

Fish and A Hand Full of Dirt are a good. Maybe I'll watch this film again. By the way, you can add another recommendation?

This is an immaculate night without a doubt! I am certain that we will watch every one of them and have an awesome time! You rock for sharing! As I would see it your website is something to be thankful for to utilize a few presents for instance on compose an online resume.

The creator is the primary individual to do it, yet he or she is liable to ignore the slip-ups he or she has made. Associates or individuals can endeavor it as well, yet most likely need enough skill and experience.

09/12/2016 11:20am

wow!Thank this meaningful and helpful post !And I like help people make research paper

09/21/2016 9:33pm

My spouse and i read phrase for expression, here you provide an interesting article could be a materials reference point me in the work, thank you very much.

iTube מאפשר לך לארגן את הסרטונים YouTube ב רשימות השמעה, להציג את היסטוריית של סרטונים שנצפו וסרטי וידאו סימניה.
מאפיינים: